The closest you’ll get to summer right now is a plane out of O’Hare flying somewhere south. But the new year is almost upon us! That means that Chicago’s summer festivals will be right around the corner.
With that in mind, the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events has announced the festival dates for 2020. In case you like to plan well in advance – or if you are visiting the city from out of town – now is a good time to mark your calendars!
Here are the dates for next year’s major festivals and events:
- Chicago Kids & Kites Festival | May 20
- Chicago House Music Festival | May 21-23
- Chicago Gospel Music Festival | May 26-30
- Chicago Blues Festival | June 5-7
- Taste of Chicago | July 8-12
- Chicago Air and Water Show | August 15-16
- Chicago Jazz Festival | August 28-September 6
For more details on individual events, visit the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events website.