The Black Girls Code Chicago Chapter is hosting a free virtual Python workshop on Saturday, April 10 at 9 AM Central Time.
The session is centered around computer programming with a focus on the fundamentals of programming in Python. Students will be introduced to Python through discussion and hands-on programming experience.
Below are some of the workshop objectives and learning outcomes:
- Students will be able to store input as variables and output that content
- Students will be able to create if-then statements
- Students will be able to write while and for loops
- Students will be able to write functions
Student Learning Outcomes
- Explain why applications are built with components made by different groups of people.
- Explain how my prototype meets or adapts to community needs using data.
- Describe the communities that developed a programming language and why.